Today I want to share a recipe for traditional Chicken Escalope with Lemon Sauce. If you are all having a good day, it’s about to get even better! This is a traditional dish in many countries, but I will share a version I learned while at culinary school in Italy. In France they call this dish Chicken Francaise but instead of using semolina flour they use white flour. I have had the French version and in my opinion, the semolina flour used in Italian recipe improves both the texture and flavor of the dish. Authentic Chicken Escalope with Lemon Sauce, is also called Scaloppine al Limone. using this recipe the chicken will be moist and crisp, and zesty. This dish features a classic combination of flavors, is easy to prepare, and is incredibly delicious. What’s better than that!
I learned how to make Authentic Chicken Escalope with Lemon Sauce while in culinary school at Fontana del Papa in Italy. Over the years, I have ordered versions of this dish in French, Italian and American restaurants. While each dish is similar, for me, this one works best. You won’t believe how easy it was to prepare and that it is possible for a dish with just a few simple ingredients to taste so good. In fact, as I continue to learn about great cooking, I am always amazed with dishes that incorporate very few ingredients, and pack lots of flavor!
The day I learned how to make this Chicken Escalope with Lemon Sauce I also learned how to prepare traditional Italian grilled zucchini, a vegetable side dish that I am planning to share with you on my next post. I hope you enjoy preparing this Authentic Chicken Escalope with Lemon sauce and that you can share it with you family and friends. Because it is simple to prepare, serve it the next time you have company, or are cooking for a special dinner date. It will leave you with plenty of time to mingle.
Authentic Scaloppine al Limone
- 4-5 chicken breasts pounded flat
- semolina flour for dredging
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley - chopped fine
- 2 large lemons - squeezed juice from 1 1/2 lemons - thinly slice the remaining 1/2 lemon
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Dredge the chicken breasts in semolina flour. Heat olive oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts in olive oil until lightly browned at edges, cook in batches if needed. Layer all chicken back into pan and sprinkle with sea salt. Add lemon juice and simmer gently about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add parsely and garnish with lemon slices. Hold, covered, off heat until ready to serve.