This Roasted Asparagus and Mixed Mushrooms recipe is super easy to prepare would make a great addition to any recipe book.
As the holiday season approaches, I am sure you have just one question on your mind. What to serve with all those amazing entrees. For every entree you create you will need a nice dish to serve alongside, and these Roasted Asparagus and Mixed Mushrooms are the perfect choice. They are healthy and light, and taste delicious. The flavor of the vegetables is enhanced by the high heat of the oven which caramelizes the natural sugars in the vegetables creating a taste that is impossible to match when steaming or boiling. It’s my go-to side dish during Thanksgiving and Christmas. I have served this dish many times to my family and friends, and they all love it!
If you are looking for something to go along with your holiday turkey or ham, try serving these Roasted Asparagus and Mixed Mushrooms alongside my Tuscan Herbed Potatoes. Have the guests bring dessert, or make a French Yogurt Cake with Marmalade and you can be virtually done before the first guest walks through the door. You can find the other recipes mentioned on my blog in the side dish and desert sections .
These Roasted Asparagus and Mixed Mushrooms can also be served alongside beef or pork tenderloin, turkey, or lamb making this dish the ‘swiss-army knife’ of side dishes.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 pound mixed fresh mushrooms such as (button, shiitake and/or crimini), and oyster cut in half
- 3 large cloves fresh garlic, sliced thinly
- ½ Tsp salt
- ½ Tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp extra virgen olive oil
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley - optional
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Arrange asparagus and mushrooms on aluminum foil-lined 15X10X1-inch baking pan. Sprinkle garlic, salt and pepper on top. Drizzle melted butter with olive oil over vegetables.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven.
- Transfer the vegetables to a serving dish and sprinkle the parsley on top, if using it.
- Serve immediately.
- Recipe adapted from Land O Lakes Recipe Collection