These Pineapple Shrimp Tacos are a cause for celebration!
Welcome to Part II of my Mexican Fiesta series! Last week I introduced a trio of Mexican Salsas that I typically serve alongside these Pineapple Shrimp Tacos. Although this dish could be served alone, at least one of the salsas should be considered essential when serving this recipe. I usually make the salsas prior to making these Pineapple Shrimp Tacos and I serve it alongside the tacos or Ias an appetizer with tortilla chips.
These Pineapple Shrimp Tacos have layers and layers of flavors. They are perfect to serve on a Taco night or at your next outdoor gathering. I frequently serve them at sporting events as well as dinner parties, and everyone loves them! I love these Pineapple Shrimp Tacos because they are easy to prepare, yet unique. Served with the salsas, the colors and flavors literally jump off the plate and are sure to tempt anyone nearby. The ingredient list is short, and the pineapple provides just the right balance of sweet to balance the dish.
To make this dish and my Fajita recipe I recommend using a cast iron griddle or griddle pan. If you don’t have one I would highly recommend you consider purchasing one, especially if you are planning to be making fajitas or tacos on a regular basis. If that’s not possible, you could also use a large sauté pan or skillet.
- 8 large soft taco shells
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound medium-size shrimp cleaned, deveined, tails off
- 1 medium-size yellow sweet onion diced
- 2 cups fresh pineapple cut into ½ inch cubes
- half cup cilantro leaves
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Wrap the tortillas in foil; place in the oven and heat to 300 degrees.
- Preheat a saute pan or griddle until very hot.
- You will need to do this in two batches.
- Pour one tablespoon of oil into the pan. Add onions to the pan and when clear, add pineapple, half of the cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste. Remove from pan and set aside. Place shrimp in the pan and sauté until golden-orange in color, approximately 2-3 minutes. Then add the pineapple-cilantro mixture and combine all ingredients. Cook for an additional minute to ensure all flavors are combined then add the remaining cilantro. Spoon the shrimp pineapple mixture into the warm soft taco shell. Top with the Mexican Salsa of your choice. Eat while it's still hot. Prepare the second batch. Enjoy!
Your comments mean a lot to me. If you made any of my recipes or are considering making them, please leave a comment below. Please choose a star rating too. Thank you. Carla!